Recently, UKG has started supporting Dimensions data in People analytics. Our clients’ experience indicates that DataViews are cool for manager and employee self-service but don’t work well organization wide analysis. As for the BIRT reporting tool – I’ll invoke the thumper rule.*
The People Analytics Dimensions data is based on Data Hub, another new product we’ve been working with. Data Hub gives you even more detail data, available through Google Big Query.
Here are my basic observations:
- Whatever road you take, UKG Dimensions data and UKG pro data is still not integrated. Which means we’re still pulling both sets of data into SQL server for various analyses. Speaking to multiple folks at the recent Aspire conference in Las Vegas, UKG knows that this has to change. It’s unclear when this will happen.
- If you just need aggregated data and you’re happy with people Analytics, you probably want to stick with the People Analytics solution.
- If you need detailed transactional data, you need to be in Data Hub. I don’t know the full road map for People Analytics, but right now you can’t get the full punch level detail in People Analytics.
- If you want to use some tool other than People Analytics/Cognos BI, then Data Hub is the way to go. Because you can connect directly to Google Big Query from other tools like Power BI.
- Data Hub is a fairly new product and still very much a work in progress. There are data fields on the screen which aren’t easy to replicate out of the data base (apply date – I’m looking at you). I’m planning on creating a technical post on this. Some of my SQL queries scare me.
If you’d like to chat more about how we might help you with Data Hub and/or People Analytics, please contact us.
*If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.